Sunday, June 16, 2013

The Father and The Unica Hija

When I was still a child people usually tells me na kamukha ako ni Daddy, girl version daw ako, ayaw ko pang pumayag, I will also reply "kamukha po ako ni Mommy", just when I started to grow up na natanggap ko sa sarili ko that I'm really looks like my Dad - well what feature I really love is having a "pointed" nose that I got from him, at sinasabi ko na ngayon buti na lang di ako sa Mommy nakakuha ng ilong ko..hahaha

 Meet Daddy
I am a Daddy's girl
I am the only girl among two siblings, that's one of the reason why, hahaha - they have no choice. My Dad usually says especially when he is introducing me to other people "ang pinakamaganda kong anak" then when that person asked him kung ilan ang anak he tells "2 yung isa lalake kaya sya ang pinakamaganda" hahaha.
Kapag may mga out of town or overnight akong pupuntuhan mas nauuna akong magpaalam sa kanya, mainly for two reasons: sya ang mediator ko sa Mommy at sa kanya ako hihingi ng pocket money ,hehhe. Si Daddy ang tagaload namin ng cellphone namin, every month nakabudget kami for 300 pesos worth pre-paid cell card, sagot ni Daddy yon.
I am so very thankful for my parents for providing the best in us - for giving us the best education they can give us. After I graduated college, si Daddy ang nagtuition sa akin for my master's degree, that time my brother is in college already kaya talagang hindi biro yung gastos pero si Daddy lagi nyang sinasabi na kaya ko tapusin ang masters ko, sayang naman kung nasimulan na tapos hindi tatapusin. He is one of fans..hahaha, may tiwala sya sa akin, lagi nyang sinasabi sa akin or kay Mommy na kaya ko.

"A good person leaves an inheritance for their children’s children, but a sinner’s wealth is stored up for the righteous" - Proverbs 13:22


From Daddy...
"Listen, my son, to your father’s instruction and do not forsake your mother’s teaching." Proverbs 1:8
I have a lot of encouraging and inspiring words from Daddy na until now I'm keeping and living unto it. Here are some of the so many words of wisdom he imparted on me.
On work, never ever compromise yourself sa isang trabaho na hindi mo gusto at alam mong hindi ka magiging masaya. Money is just a money, kikitain mo yan but happiness and joy hindi yan nabibili ng pera. Hindi ka kelngan mag-suffer sa isang job dahil malaki lang ang sweldo mo. If that will be the case, araw araw na hindi ka masaya, as daily you need to go your work. Don't work on Sunday (or in here in middle east on Friday).
It took me years after college to get my first job, I mean a job that is really engaged into an agency. My parents doesn't want a job na may Sunday especially si Daddy sabi nya Sunday is para kay Lord, lagi nilang sinasabi na paano ako makakapagchurch kung may work ako ng Sunday, there is a big chance for me to be weak spiritually kung hindi ako makakasimba every Sunday. There are two bible verses na lagi nyang ipinapalala sa akin.

"Six days work shall be done, but on the seventh day you shall have a Sabbath of solemn rest, holy to the Lord. Whoever does any work on it shall be put to death." Exodus 35:2

 "But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well." -Matthew 633

 On spending money. Never na manghinayang bumili ng mga gusto mo na stuffs mura man or mahal you need to treat yourself, especially kung kailangan naman talaga at sympre kung may pera ka naman talaga. Lagi nyang sinasabi sa akin kapag nanghihinayang akong bumili, hindi ko naman daw maiisuot ang pera ko sa katawan ko. But he is always reminding us to save as well kasi mahirap daw na in times of need wala kang magagastos. Save for yourself and for the things that you'd like to buy.

On relationship. I remember when I'm still in a relationship, Daddy doesn't want a long years na magbf-gf kasi sabi nya kadalasan daw sa ganon ang ending break up kasi nagkakasawaan naman daw, mga two years after pwede na daw magpakasal. Good thing I didn't follow him...hahaha kasi kung hindi maaring wala kayong binabasang blog ngayon kasi baka instead na computer ang kaharap ko busy ako sa pag-aalaga ng bata..hehee, but kidding aside I know what my dad's want to imply. 
The last time I went to vacation sinabi nya that I'm not getting any younger, tumatanda daw ako and hindi daw madaling tumandang mag-isa, hindi daw nila ako pinipilit magasawa kasi buhay ko naman daw ito pero mas maganda daw kung magkakaroon ako ng family na sarili. Ang sagot ng anak, hehehe "Daddy mahirap magpakasal ng solo, ng single" :-)

On Contentment. The last time we had a (serious) talked, he told me that it would be better to settle in the Philippines after I finished my contract here in the project where I am presently working. He told me that he doesn't want to see me loosing the contentment I have in my life - he's referring to "material contentment" Ayaw nya na makita ako na because gusto ko nito, gusto ko noon, kulang pa ako ng ganito,ng ganito is magpapakatanda daw akong magtrabaho sa ibang bansa. He added na dati daw ang sabi ko babayaran ko lang yung car na ni-loan ko last December natapos ko na so siguro naman daw after this project pwede na but still he insisted its my life, them is only advice and the decision will always be mine.
"Children, obey your parents in everything, for this pleases the Lord.. Fathers, do not embitter your children, or they will become discouraged" - Colossians 3:20-21

Like any other children, they are looking up to their father as "strict", they grew up in "sinturon", I'm thankful, grateful and blessed God gave me not only a father but the best example I could ever have to walk with faith and fear to HIM.
My Dad is not perfect, he has his own weaknesses and flaws but for me he is the best living testimony I looked up to that God can change people to be His child.
"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!" - II Corinthians 5:17

Last year Daddy was weaken by diabetes, he undergo a minor operation but still napansin namin ang mabilis nyang panghihina, just recently he is regaining his strength. We are continually praying that God will restore completely his health and heal him completely.
Like any other children I love Daddy so much, sya lang ang nakakapagpaiyak sa akin sa simpleng usapan sa phone, sa mga pangaral nya na tumitimo sa isip, puso at sa action ko. I'm looking forward to spend more time with him - reading the word of God together on our family devotion every morning, sipping coffee on our dining table, yung kwentuhan lang habang nagkakape sa morning or kaya sa gabi bago matulog - we both love coffee, imagine matutulog na lang kami magkakape pa.
 "These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up." - Deuteronomy 6:6-7

Watching tv na kapag ayaw ko ng pinapanuod nya at nakita ko syang nakapikit na dahandahan kong kukunin ang remote control pero pagkalipat ko ng channel magsasalita sya kung bakit ko daw inilipat, Daddy tulog ka na kaya..hindi pa daw nakapikit lang..hehehe.
He is now a grandfather for my two nephews and I'm looking forward that if I will be given a chance to have my family of my own, he will also cuddle them and take care of them too...iba mag-alaga si Lolo Bernie nakita ko yon how he loves JB and Jj. But before that of course, I'm looking forward for him to walk with me in the aisle as he passing me to my husband to be. I know its their dream to - to see me having my own family, I let God take control of everything in me.
 "Children are a heritage from the Lord, offspring a reward from him; Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are children born in one’s youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their opponents in court." Psalm 127:3-5

I am grateful, thankful and blessed having a father who is my diligent teacher, good trainer, faithful provider, encourager, and a father that continuously leads me to strength.

Daddy,
Happy  Father's day. I am so proud of you for whatever you did for our family, words are not enough to tell how grateful I am that you are my dad, more than any thing thank you for your life for being the best example in our eyes of a God's child. Thank you for everything. Mahal na mahal po kita Daddy. I will always be your little girl, you and Mommy's unica hija, ang pinakamaganda mong anak. God continue to bless you in all things that you'll do.
I am looking forward to be with you
I love you Daddy and miss ko na po kayo
Love,
Jenjen

Like me I know how proud you are to have a father like a father that you have. I know marami ka ring mga memories with your father, and like me you are also blessed to have him.
To all the fathers and fathers to be Happy Father's Day and even to those women who stood as father to their children, I'm very sure your children are proud of you.
God bless all of you

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog. I'd love to hear from you as well...
Have a happy day! Have a colorful life! God bless