Saturday, April 27, 2013

Summer Haves

Its raining in the desert! 
Its raining here in Doha since yesterday. I'm one of those people who love rain - its sounds and how its raindrops fall.
After the winter season here is a few rainy days but it doesn't mean na magiging mas malamig yung weather but opposite of it - let's welcome SUMMER! For sure after few days mararamdaman na naman ang init, and honestly I don't appreciate that much the summer season here - hot weather triggers my asthma and my pimples kumusta naman they are sprouting like mushrooms on my face...eiwww talaga!
 But I don't want to spoil summer. It's fun in the other way around. Its supposed to be HAPPY and COLORFUL. So why not flaunt it through our every day wardrobe.
I'm living now in an Arab country, and if you still don't know there are fashion restrictions here. You can't just wear you want, of course as an expatriates you need to observe their laws and traditions.
So let's welcome the SUMMER in the desert and paint the town "colorful" through our outfits. Here are my personal choice of summer must haves.

Sunnies 
Honestly, this is my "everyday" have, I can't stand the bright sun smiling at me. Even I'm still in the Philippines I always have it on my bag - worse is even in the night especially when traveling commute, parang adik lang,hehehe; it's because my eyes doesn't want to much light, either natural or light from bulb like in car or computers.


Just last month I received a birthday gift from my Christmas wish list, ang super like ko na sunnies from Dolce & Gabbana. I love the floral details of this "sicilian baroque"! I love big sunglasses - for me the bigger the bolder! But be sure it will compliment your face baka naman mamaya sunglasses na nilagyan na lang kayo ng mukha than face na sinuotan ng sunglasses.

Sheer and Colorful Tops
Clothes is an investment for working people who doesn't have uniform, and that's include me. Have you experienced na puno naman ng damit ang closet mo but still nauubusan ka pa rin ng isusuot...I mean ng gustong isuot? The girls will definitely agree with me, hehehe
As I've said may mga restrictions dito so not "all" summer styles ay pwede. Pick a light fabric tops - breathable. Since its summer, better to choose a colorful or printed designs, it will add a happy effect on your mood too. Since sleeveless are not that allowed to some offices here, you can still wear it but be sure to top it with your light fabric coats or cardigans. If you will wear a very light fabric or sheer blouses, be sure you have an inner which also compliments to the color of your top. We're not in the Philippines na carry lang ng peg ang rumampa kahit nakikita ang mga colorful bras, unless you want na pagfiestahan ka talaga or worst madampot ka ng mga police. Shorts and minis are not allowed here to the public, unless to beach but be sure you have your own car kasi magtataxi ka din lang better to opt to some colorful pants or trousers.
I just noticed lately, most of my blouses are sheers, actually I really like it kahit hindi summer kasi it hides my "love handles" hahaha and its easier for me na kumilos not minding to be conscious about "it". Since all of the offices here are airconditioned you can choose to wear coats in pastel colors or in floral designs.

Office blouse that will suit in a coffee /dinner dates



Candy Colors and Printed Pants
I have few colors of pants that I'm wearing in any season. If you'll wear plain colored pants, wear printed top while when you'll wear printed pants, wear plain top. Masyado naman sigurong masakit sa mata if you wear both printed especially if not the designs and colors are not well coordinated, baka instead na summer look ang maachieve, its "fiesta" look.

Flats, Flip flops, and Peep toe
There are so many styles of flat shoes available in the market. Most of the working ladies prefer to use it because its comfortable to the feet and there are styles also that are designed according to the hectic schedules of cosmo ladies - whether in the office then straight ahead in meeting friends for shopping or over a cup of coffee or dinner. Most of my flats are pointed tip, it goes in any cut of pants or skirts.
Flip flop is every seasons best friend. If before you can only see them if summer is near not now, you can find them anytime, anywhere :) I love white flip flop it compliments on whatever feet skin tone you have or even in any color of your nail polish :) Sandals and colored high heels can also be considered depending on the your clothes.



Bags
It will always depend on your outfit. But recently (or maybe its just summer) you can find bags that can be used not only in going to office (formal-formalan lang ito) but even in social gatherings. You can choose designs and colors that can be used not only in going to the beach but even in the office. Since you have many selections to choose from you can easily find which bag is best for you and your get away.


Accessories
Less is more! Summer is about colors, wear colorful accessories but sure its still color coordinated. "Kapis", shells, beads, woods are usually some of the fashionable materials of accessories during summer. Try to mix and match but don't try to be a walking Christmas tree. Head bands,hats, colorful scarf, and printed belts are in fashion too.
from Aldo accessories
Even there are certain "dress codes" here to be followed but it doesn't mean that summer fashion would be boring. There are still alternative ways to enjoy dressing up; put colors to your outfit and I am sure it will be a HAPPY SUMMER!
You don't need to spend much in order to get a summer inspired look coz I'm sure you have it on your closet, all you have to do is know how to mix-n-match your clothes. Summer fashion is about colors, don't be afraid to wear loud one but as I've said be sure you'll not end up as a walking tree. Be confident in carrying what you wear but mostly have an attitude being yourself. 
Less is still more!
Don't spoil your summer. Enjoy and have FUN FUN FUN.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog. I'd love to hear from you as well...
Have a happy day! Have a colorful life! God bless