Wednesday, April 24, 2013

SPECULOOS Cravings

What's on the Belgian products that we couldn't resist to taste? and why its expensive? or its just really affordable on its taste?
When Magnum ice cream bar was launched in the market pinagkaguluhan talaga. Its price is more than 10x of the what you call "dirty" ice cream that we can see in the street and 5x of the local brand ice cream in supermarkets. Here in Doha, it became a craze as well at the cost of 15QR depends on the flavor, imagine if you'll convert it more or less 160 pesos over a bar of ice cream on stick and you can't find it anywhere. Its only available here in Shop-rite and Megamart Supermarket, most of their brands are from US.
And sympre naki-Magnum craze din ako pero not to my expense ..libre lang :)

prices of each bar depends on its flavor

"at last natikman din kita" :)
After tasting Magnum - ito lang ang comment ko together with my friend Janet "sis alam ko na kung bakit mahal ito...kasi yung stick nila special naka-enggraved yung M"  hahaha. Yup they are creamy naman talaga and really soft mapi-feel mo na iba talaga yung texture nya sa ibang ice cream bar but if you'll compare it to othe ice cream (including not in the bar) naboboringan ako sa lasa nya..sorry pero that's how I tasted it.

the signature on the stick "M"
Another "food craze", I've been seeing this all over social sites from twitter to FB to instagram and this morning here in blogger! ganon talaga syang kasikat until I've got curious to do some readings on it. But honestly before this post I've been looking it to Mega-mart na pero wala pa yata talaga sya dito sa Doha.
What comes first to my mind when I read "speculoos"? spectacular, superb, sophisticated  and expensive..hahaha
And tarannnn...eto na ang bida!
Meet the Trader Joe's  SPECULOOS COOKIE BUTTER!


Looks like an ordinary spread but what captured me is their label:
"A deliciously unusual spread reminiscent of gingerbread and made with crushed biscuits." 
Let's check its nutritional content, as if conscious ako...'pag masarap deadma ang diet-diet..hehehe

I'm really curious to taste it, so I checked the price on online store. I checked amazon.com and the plain one cost 11.95$ not including the freight. The crunchy one is much expensive it costs more or less 14$. I consulted sulit.com.ph as well for comparison, the price ranges from 350-550 PHP.
I started to wonder, ganon ba talaga syang kasarap to pay for that amount? well I have nothing against to those people who spend much to satisfy their cravings, coz sometimes ganon din ako pero over a bottle of a spread ganon talaga kamahal. Well mas lalo akong na- curious at nagcracrave na ako. 
Hope I can find it here in Doha as soonest so I can describe to you how it taste, as I told to my colleague "kapag nakabili ako nyan, hindi talaga ako mamimigay kasi baka isang upuan ko lang yan" hehehe.
Guys, if you know where I can buy that SPECULOOS Cookie Butter here Doha, Qatar kindly let me know. For the meantime, I'll give way to pasta and pizza from Papa Johns' tonight, its their last day of "half price" promo today.
Happy eating , happy tummy!
 




2 comments:

  1. any luck on finding the cookie butter here in doha? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. still not available in any store here but you can check online through Market Market Qatar (Facebook) for 50QR free delivery.

      Delete

Thank you for reading my blog. I'd love to hear from you as well...
Have a happy day! Have a colorful life! God bless