Monday, February 27, 2012

Mickey & Me

People who I've been with for long time know my weaknesses; they know what makes me happy, and know one of the things that really bring joy once I have it - Mickey stuffs.
I will be turning 3 decades and 1 year few days from now but the child within me will always be present. For others collecting cartoon character items is only for children but not for me ^_^ because until now I am still doing that and I guess I will continuously do it.

How does it started
Its been more than a decade since I get hooked in collecting mickey mouse stuffs. I started buying some petty stuffs when I was in 4th year high school but mickey mouse is not the first, its tweety bird but because she is popular that time, you can see her every where and on my term "palasak"so I decided to shift to Mickey.
When my parents, friends, relatives at kung sino-sino lang learned that I love Mickey stuffs almost all the occasion throughout the year hindi pwedeng walang mickey stuffs akong marereceived. I also started to filled up my room with Mickey Mouse stuffs - pillows, frames,clocks, lamp, carpet, etc. And since people who loves me tolerate my addiction, I really got so many stuffs even in ordinary day - from toothbrush, fan, notepads, pencil, towels, hanky, etc. Imagine a college student walking in a campus with Mickey Mouse stuffs over her - pencil case, pens, notebooks, binders, envelopes, wrapped books, wallets,fan packed in a transparent bag. Naaliw ang mga classmates ko kaya even sila tinolorate ang pagka-addict ko kay Mickey ^_^ until I didn't notice I have a lot and I need a cabinet exclusively for my collections. Thank for Mommy and Daddy and for my brother for supporting and tolerating me on my "bisyo".  As my Daddy told me dapat daw yung mapapangasawa ko accepted ang mga bagay na kinakahiligan ko ....hehehe naku di kaya matakot lalo sa akin :))

Pampered with Mickey
I remember my Mom asked her officemate to even buy me a Mickey Mouse stuffed toy when she visited Disneyland.

Its a Minnie Mouse actually - when I saw it I was really excited but what made me more excited is when I learned that the doll itself is just a free and what has been paid is the mickey head necklace on the doll's neck.
I remember when my parents gave me a Mickey Mouse watch one Valentines day. A friend, Mike gave me a stuffed toy yellow Minnie Mouse bag (that's one of favorite among my stuffs) and I even using it in the school even I am on Junior college years. When I celebrated my debut (18th birthday) almost all of the gifts I received are Mickey stuffs - received a Mickey toothbrush from a friend, Connie. Got so many Mickey mugs also from Jona and some other friends. I owned so many Mickey Mouse stuffs that was all given by my loved ones and up to now I still have and treasured.
Sayang I had no picture of those items with me but let me show you my room the last time I got home for vacation. Some of my Mickey mouse stuffs were shifted to our guest room so my room will have a new look - lagi kasi napapagkamalan na kwarto ng mga nephews ko, kc mukhang room daw ng kindergarten ..hahaha. 

 Some of Mickey stuffs I got from my friends and I am keeping some of these for years.
I tried to change the look of my room for few times but still it ended like a "kids' room"  ^_^

My top most favorite Mickey stuff


I got this on December 28, 1999. Only few days na lang and  it will be a millenium year and its a red tag everywhere. That time there's no SM mall in Batangas yet and the nearest branch is the SM-Southmall, and since I used to go to that mall, I asked my friend Jona if she wants to go on shopping with me. And since I'm just a student that time I have a limited money only that I've got from my savings and from my parents. The lobby of mall is full of Disney items but since their on SALE, there are a lot of mommies with their kids checking the items, so I didn't check any items. Around 7pm, we planned to leave the mall since it will just take one hour from Las Pinas to Batangas (wala pa kasing SLEX noon). When we passed on the same lobby again I stopped on the Mickey outlet and checked some items...awwww, the hair clip that I want to have at nakikita ko lang sa isang schoolmate! hay naman din ang price 199.99 PHP, too costly for a hair clip, and aside I only have few money (maybe just enough for fare and the rest for my allowance), so we just headed to FX station but still I'm thinking that clip. Since its holiday season what to expect there is a long que of passengers, still I'm thinking that clip then Jona, asked me "balik tayo ng SM Jen kasi parang gusto ko ng bilhin yung shoes" without any hesitation even we need to cross the street again, we returned to SM and got it! I'm using & keeping this for 12 years, and call me paranoid if you want pero honestly 'pag di ko makita itong clip na ito hindi ako nakakatulog until di ko nahahanap. There was a time when I was still living with my cousins,I can't find this clip on my kikay box so I look for it and I even moved all the beds and before I saw it, I already clean the room. From then on, I make it appoint to check it if its on my pouch bag *_^

Until now....
The latest I've got is a Mickey notepad given by my cousin Sze an when she went to Disneyland Paris just two weeks ago.

 

Few days from now I will be celebrating my 3 decades and 1 year existence and I am planning to have a Mickey Mouse theme party ^_^. It will be my first time to have a Mickey theme party if ever.

For others they find my collection as "luho" but for me its just like any hobby that one have. As long as I don't compromise my other needs and not over spending beyond my money hand its not a "luho" for me.
Collecting is one of so many ways on how I pamper myself - its just like craving and indulging over a piece of "sinful" cake. Almost every Mickey stuffs I have has its own story; every items I am keeping is from people who loves me and I truly value and love as well. Those things may be out of craze but the value of the people who handed to me those things will always be cherished.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog. I'd love to hear from you as well...
Have a happy day! Have a colorful life! God bless