Wednesday, March 31, 2010

"What If" mode

Atty. Jennifer C. Arellano...
How I wish...
After knowing that Philippine Bar Exam results was released I immediately checked to see who among my friends, batchmates and schoolmates made it this year. While I'm reading their names on the list eto na naman si "what if"...
What if instead of taking up Masters in Public Administration is nagtake ako ng Doctor of Jurisprudence? o kaya I enter into College of Law?
What if after finishing my masters' degree nakinig ako sa mga tao na nagsasabi na "you can make it sa law, why don't you try?" especially CD Diaz, my boss in DILG who really pushing me to give it a try sa college of law. She even offerred me na I can go out the office na ng mga 4:00 pm para makapag-aral ako sa library...knowing na super dami minsan ng mga cases na dapat idigest.
What if instead of working here is nasa Pilipinas ako and while I'm working is nag-aaral ako sa gabi sa College of Law....
But this is the reality....
Having dreams within us is not enough...
I always wanted to be a lawyer eversince I was a child...
Only few steps na lang sana...
Ganon pala yon as time change maiiba ang priorities mo, kahit I really wanted to pursue that dream may mga bagay na dapat mas iconsider... things that I know na mas magiging worth it not only for me but to those people who I value.
I remember a friend of mine, sya yung tao na hindi talaga naggive up to take bar exams. Nagrefresh na at lahat pero sige pa rin, halos every year kumukuha sya ng bar..minsan nga nasabi ko sa kanya kung kelan ba sya talaga susuko...taking bar exam not just only need physical and mental effort it also requires money at hindi biro ang gastos. Pero ibinalik nya sa akin ang tanong "if i will not try and take another chance, do you think malalaman ko kung papasa ako?" -- my point nga naman. Until now he still convincing me to take up law and sabi nya kahit di man daw ako magpass sa bar exam the knowledge na makukuha ko is an advantage na rin not only to myself but to help others...pero sympre iba pa rin ang licensed lawyer di ba.
There's no harm on trying...just believe in your dreams & on yourself
Minsan my cousin Sze an & I are talking about our "what if" nagpursue kami sa pagiging abogada but as she said its not yet late naman...although mejo mahina na yung mga memorya namin at mejo mapurol na pwede pa rin naman. When I am in a graduate school madalas ako makakita ng mga may edad na talaga sa college of law as in mga nasa 60 na sila siguro but still they never give up to their dreams...or maybe passion nila talaga ang mag-aral. As one of professor kiddingly told us, Judge N. Mercado "wag kayo masyadong kukuha ng maraming degree kasi baka hindi na magkasya sa lapida ...kasi may R.I.P na tapos before ng pangalan nyo may ATTY.pa after ng pangalan my MPA / MBA, etc.baka di magkasya" hahahaha
I don't have regrets naman if I was not able to take up law minsan nga lang may mga "what if mode" ako pero I know lilipas din,hehehe...anyways its not yet late. If its really God's will and God's plan for me it will happen on HIS time. For the meantime, I will grasp & live on what I have on my hand and continue to believe in myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog. I'd love to hear from you as well...
Have a happy day! Have a colorful life! God bless