Saturday, June 23, 2012

Meeting Xen

I love meeting people especially those who are really strangers to me. But I'm not that tough not to feel nervous but in a way it excites me. Don't get me wrong when I am say "strangers" - they are the one who either I met through a common friend, colleagues, pal or whoever I've known personally or its either I have encountered in social sites but with same passion as mine. Honestly, it took me some years to learn how to trust with people whom I don't know personally - I mean "physically". Thanks to those people who really proved that friendship is possible even you don't meet yet in person and it goes deeper when of course you meet in flesh.
TRUST = NEW FRIENDS
I'm glad I met them all and up to now I am keeping and treasure them. I considered them as God's gift to me. I'm happy that as days, moths, and years passes by, the friendship I have with them gets deeper.

I am thankful for meeting people from different walks of life. Meeting people in unexpected way and with same passion as mine is great for me.

MEETING XENIA 
After the MAY Birthday Project 2012, I received an invitation from FB, at first I was hesitant to add her but when I saw that we have a common friend and aside her name is familiar already as I see her on Kcat's FB post, I added her. Few days after that, she send me message asking if I can keep in touch in one woman named Xenia. Since its for a good cause, I did until me and Xenia were connected through FB. Although there's something running in my mind "mataray ba sya, sosyal siguro..." when I first chatted with her magaan na ang loob ko sa kanya and I feel we've known each other for quite sometimes. The same feeling when I didn't meet yet Jessie, Kcat, Joanne, and Abhie - yung parang anything kaya nyong pagusapan although you don't know much personal things about each other. She even gave me some advices that I know will help me. After a week of chatting, we finally agreed to meet up and the location on their own house.
All the doubts in my mind were gone when I finally meet her on June 20, 2012 - its Wednesday and its my day!
For my whole 6 years here in Qatar, she's the only stranger na naglakas ng loob ako na i-meet and sa bahay ko pa nya talaga sya pinuntahan. Its for a good cause so maybe that's the reason malakas ang loob ko and aside I feel comfortable chatting with her so I assumed its the same in person. Well, its more than I expected :) she's very down to earth person, humble, and kind. In one word she is sensible. She made us feel that we are really welcome in their house, parang at home na at home naman talaga kami. I remember I had the same feeling when I met Joanne on their house, first meet up din namin and I feel so comfortable with her and with her family.
I know meeting Xen is just a start of another friendship. There will be another meal together not only dinner *_^  sarap nyang magluto!
While I'm writing this post bigla ko lang naisip that friendship is also like a painting. It started in a canvass put some color for its base until you add some color and other details on it until you created a work of art. Every friendship started in one simple hi or hello until followed by conversation or meeting up until it goes on and on and on and bloom into a deeper one.
 Thanks Xen! Looking forward for more kwentuhan and bonding moments. Thanks also for the artworks and for your compassion to help and reach out people who needs our love and concern.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog. I'd love to hear from you as well...
Have a happy day! Have a colorful life! God bless